Anniversary Conuntdown 2011

Friday, April 3, 2009

Our mini trip with Ya Ya

Ashton, Rebekah and I went on a mini trip yesterday with Ya Ya to Ventura. The trip was lots of fun but it took ALL day. We left our house at 8:45 AM and didn't return until 8:00ish at night! Ya Ya went to a luncheon for missionary moms in the So Cali area and the kids and I went out for a fun time at the beach. We found a fun little park area called Marina Park. There was a grassy area, picnic tables, a jungle gym area with beach sand in it, a giant pirate ship, and the beach of course. First we ate lunch, or rather MOMMY ate lunch, the kids were waaayyy to excited to eat! Then we played on the slides and swings. Then it was off to the pirate ship. There was a zip line coming off of the side of the priate ship that a bunch of other kids were playing on, Ashton stood in line until it was his turn and then he chickened out and decided it was way to scary for him. I even offered to let him ride on my back (monkey style!) and we could go on it together but he wouldn't go for that either. Rebekah REALLY wanted to go for a ride on it but I didn't think I was strong enough to hold the rope AND her. I pormised her that if we went back some time with daddy that he could take her on it. She is soooo brave! After the pirate ship we went rock climbing to get down to the beach. The water was too cold for Rebekah and so we didn't spend too much time down there. I guess she doesn't trust me very much not to drag her back in the water! We went back up to the playground area and I swear Rebekah had me pushing her on the swings for at least 25 minutes straight. I guess she takes after her mommy because the swings were always my favorite thing to do at recess in elementary school. The kids had tons of fun making sand angels, sand castles, and "sandmen" (our Cali version of a snowman! LOL) in the sandbox. Even though we were there for about 3 1/2 hours Ashton and Rebekah still weren't ready to leave when it was time to go pick up Ya Ya! By then of course it was time to head home in the middle of rush hour traffic. I think it took us about 3 1/2 hours to get home with our two bathroom stops along the way and a stop for In-N-Out fries for dinner! Fun day, but mommy sure was tired and the kids were desperately in need of a bath when we got home.

1 comment:

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

I know exactly what beach you are talking about. It's our favorite one to go to when we visit Tyson and Lynne. I'm glad that you guys had fun, and the traffic really is terrible at that time of day.